Monday, April 25, 2011

Ploy to stall naps and bedtime

Sydney has been attempting a new ploy to stall naps and bedtime... on more than one occasion, he has decided to announce "POOP!" and INSISTS upon using the potty chair or the toilet. (This, of course, fuels QUITE a protest if I ignore the announcement and proceed with diapering.)

We sit. We play. We read the potty training book. We hop up to see if anything has magically happened. We sit back down. On and off. On and off. On and off...

Tonight, he signed ALL DONE. We washed his hands. I diapered him.

As soon as he got back to his room, he yelled "POOP!" and ran back to the bathroom for us to attempt it all over again. After a few minutes, that felt like an eternity as I balanced my pregnant body on the edge of the bathtub, he hopped up and decided he wanted to play in the sink instead of going to the bathroom.

No luck tonight. He managed to wet his night diaper during the few brief minutes he wore it, so perhaps THAT was his urge to go to the bathroom and we had missed our window of opportunity.

Today, I was also blessed with his sudden urge to HELP in diapering. He has now decided to grab at his butt. Lovely. Hoping THAT new trend dies off quickly. Diapering an octopus is hard enough as it is...

No comments: