No protein or sugar in my urine. My blood pressure is nice and low. Baby's heart rate was 130, which is QUITE HAPPY, we're told. Mommy's weight is the same as last week (and is down 2 pounds from the week before... when I had an ultrasound so, was likely some water weight).
Baby IS head down. Doctor stated "Actually, it is quite low." (This did NOT surprise me at all... as late in the afternoon yesterday and all throughout the night, I had noticed aches & pains in my hips, caused from an unusual pressure in the sockets. Making my way to the bathroom around 3am caused me to take "baby steps" because of the pressure and leaning to the side to wipe felt uncomfortable on my hips. It seems better today - with some Tylenol helping out. I also have a throbbing, achey veined left leg and A LOT of pelvic floor pressure so, I'll be sporting my maternity support hose and SITTING. Doctor suggested walking to speed things up, but my body doesn't think standing is nearly as comfortable as sitting right now.)
Dilated 3cm. Effaced 70%. (She said she did scrape around a little bit inside to see if she can't get some prostaglandins moving things along naturally for us.)
Doctor informed us that she is on call on Thursday night and that if I have contractions 5 minutes apart, that we should come on in... she won't turn us away. Otherwise, she plans to see us on Sunday night at 5:30pm.
I was given permission to eat something LIGHT before we head over to the hospital on Sunday.
I also informed Mike that I look forward to enjoying an egg fried over-easy as well as a Jimmy John's sub following the birth, since under-cooked egg and cold lunchmeat have been NOT RECOMMENDED throughout pregnancy.... Mmmmm! #12 BEACH CLUB®
Fresh baked turkey breast, provolone cheese, avocado spread, sliced cucumber, sprouts, lettuce, tomato, and mayo! )
I asked how quickly Doc foresees things to happen if/when we go in for our invited stay at the hospital on Sunday. She assured me that my body moved things along very quickly last time and she thinks that Silas would be born sometime ON SUNDAY, meaning that he will share a May 1st birthday with his first cousin, Alder. Otherwise, if he holds out past midnight, he will share a May 2nd birthday with his second cousin, Shelly.
Looking forward to meeting our little man within the next few days! (Sydney still has a few more days to perfect his pronunciation of SILAS, which now sounds more like his toddler version of the word APPLESAUCE.) For now, Silas will probably think his name is BETTA-BUTTAH (belly button).
YAY... Number 2 is coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment