Here's what 35 weeks looks like:

Baby feels as if he has dropped - as I have (finally) NOT been having problems with indigestion at all. I am, however, noticing more pressure and pain in my hips and low back again, most likely caused from the weight of him lowering into my pelvic region.
I still sleep rather upright... propped up by a pile of pillows: This seems to help the hip/back pain that I had been previously having (from sleeping on my side and from the pregnancy hormones causing my spine/hips to slip out of whack). It also seems to help some of the sinus congestion that I had been having (also from sleeping on my side). Although, my right sinus feels congested almost round-the-clock... thanks to my wisdom tooth being impacted in that sinus cavity.
Mike would beg to differ on the sinus congestion being better with upright sleeping, as he claims that he's been sleeping with Darth Vador. (A few nights he has slept in the other room because my snoring was keeping him awake.) Thankfully, when I am NOT PREGNANT, I only snore when I have a cold.
Earlier today, Mike informed me: I think you snore when you are close to falling asleep or close to waking up. (I reminded him that I must be snoring an awful lot - since I feel as if I am awake and looking at the clock every 60-90 minutes throughout the night and have been taking frequent bathroom breaks as well.)
I look forward to welcoming Baby Silas... it will be SO NICE to be rid of all of these extra hormones that are relaxing my veins, my joints, my nasal passageways, etc AND it will be nice to be able to sleep on a horizontal plane again.
Having a child brings SO MUCH JOY into my life... the toll it takes on my body is TOTALLY WORTH IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment