Today, after lunch, he announced "POOP!" and started making his way to the bathroom so, I went along with it.
He grimmaced, pushed and made lots of dramatic noises. He had to keep hopping off so that he could SEE if there was anything in there. We had to try the tiny toilet seat-mounted version, as well as the potty chair on the floor - both multiple times.
Turns out, he decided to stand on the seat of the potty chair (as a stool) and suddenly, squatted down. At that point, I wondered what was going on and quickly noticed that he was peeing so, I put him on the toilet seat. The second that I picked him up, he stopped going, but within seconds, he started to go potty into the toilet and he found it FASCINATING to watch it come out!
While he was going, I grabbed some T.P. and wiped the small puddle. Then, when he was done, we put the t.p. into the toilet and he was SO EXCITED to be able to wave BYE-BYE to it.
Mommy immediately celebrated!
"Big Boy-a!" Sydney announced.
"YES! You ARE a big boy! Good Job! Sydney went potty in the toilet!!!"
When we went downstairs to put a diaper on him, I informed him "Mommy is SO PROUD of you!"
Sydney smiled, held out his hand and announced "FIVE!" (I had to give him a HIGH FIVE to celebrate!)
We called Daddy at work and Sydney announced into the phone "Big Boy!" What a proud moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment