I can't believe that Sydney was SO TIRED when we left WI, but he would NOT fall asleep! I had to pull over 3 times on the way home... and had to breastfeed on the third attempt. Driving for 2.5 hours with a fussy baby is NOT classified as GOOD TIMES. We had tried Sesame Street ON and OFF, wondering if the stimulation was making him over-tired. Oddly enough, he fell asleep 15 minutes from home... which was great for allowing me to unload the car. Then, he had a short nap in the early afternoon.
Sydney slept perfectly through the night when we were at Grandma & Grandpa's house. At home, however, following the fussy and (practically) sleepless (yet VERY tired... and tiring) ride home from WI, Sydney STILL did not nap for a few MORE hours after we got home.
Last night, was, in fact, BRUTAL! He would NOT stay asleep.
I did my best to protest breast-feeding him in the night because there is NO REASON why he shouldn't make it through the night without eating. After at least an hour-and-a-half, I caved in... desperately seeking some MUCH-NEEDED sleep.
This morning, we seem to have "someone" wearing Crabby Pants. (That "someone" MIGHT be mommy if the whining continues.) Currently, Mike and Sydney are sitting in the recliner watching Sesame Street and eating Cheerios. (Sydney's favorite... Elmo's World... is on right now! I heard his cheer when it started... SO CUTE!) Sydney had protested MOST of his breakfast choices this morning and has been rather demanding. I'm thinking that naps for everyone will be in order later today.
(We also hope to go see the hot air balloon races tonight since the 6am flights were OUT OF THE QUESTION after such a rough night. I think that is something that we will ALL enjoy seeing.)
No comments:
Post a Comment