Mike takes him down and says "Show mommy your new trick."
Sydney throws a leg up and climbs up onto the papasan stool.
SHOOT. We NOW have to take babyproofing to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!
The papasan stool has been conveniently located next to the recliner in an attempt to keep Sydney out from under the end table and away from the cords that hide under that table. It also acted as a barrier to keep Sydney from reaching things from the back corner of the table - Kleenex box, fingernail clippers, a pen, books.
- The Kleenex were moved when he discovered how to empty a box of Kleenex in no time at all.
- The fingernail clippers were kept there, within OUR REACH, so that I could trim his tiny nails while he was in a relaxed state... during breastfeeding.
- A pen was there, sitting next to my journal, so that I could document things that I wanted to remember.
- My writing journal sat there, within arms reach.
- A copy of "Marley & Me" was there because I started it in February and read outloud to Sydney from time to time.
- "What to Expect the First Year" was sitting there because I just recently dug it out and flipped through it.
- "Good Night, Sleep Tight Sleep Lady's Guide" was within fingertip reach in case we ran into sleep problems again... which we have been the past few days.
- AND my mother's day present "Writing Motherhood" sat next to my journal, as a source of inspiration and documentation.
And now, I'm afraid, they will all need to find a new home because if Sydney can climb onto the Papasan stool, he will be able to get onto the recliner, as well as the end table. Just as soon as he figures out how to MOVE the papasan stool, I'm afraid a lot of other items in our house will also fall onto the NOT SAFE list.
Little Smartie Pants.
This means that shortly, he will be able to scale the retaining wall in the driveway as well. He often stands by it, attempting to raise a leg to climb up. OH YAY, I can hardly wait...
No comments:
Post a Comment