Sunday, June 13, 2010

New food for today and briefly burned

Sydney does NOT like scrambled eggs! We tried it today for the first time. The reaction was VERY MUCH like that of mashed potatoes.... VERY BAD!

At dinner tonight, despite a very quick blow on the stuffing that had just come out of the oven, Grandpa Lowell gave Sydney a bite to try. As I watched the transfer of food from Grandpa's plate to Sydney's mouth, I questioned if it was still too hot, but Grandpa thought it was fine. 

The first second (or two) was OK; then, with his mouth hanging open, Sydney closed his eyes and shook his head from side-to-side, not knowing what to do with the mouthful of hot stuffing. I quickly reached for his monkey cup and flooded his open mouth with water in an attempt to cool things down in a hurry; although, much of it ran all over his face, shirt, lap and tray. 

Three seconds later, all was well and he had forgotten of the incident. 

I wondered if he would be apprehensive to take more food from either Grandpa Lowell or I, but it didn't seem to phase him one bit. He did, however, blow on his next bite of food - even though it was COLD. (Hey, he's learning... some days he blows on EVERY BITE of food!)

Sorry Sydney... we'll try to use more caution from now on! (Mommy didn't want you to burn your mouth like that.)

No comments: