Friday, June 25, 2010

Busy/Messy boy... with pics

Sydney is a busy, busy boy! 
Our house looks like a tornado went through it. 
His curiosity and inquisitiveness is great; the mess is not so great.

Sydney has a recently new fascination with banging on things. He likes to pretend that he is playing drums on buckets, tupperware and an old oatmeal canister. He also pretends to play the cymbals by banging together two of the metal cat food bowls. (Of course, he blinks with every loud noise, making it all the funnier to witness!)

He has been learning how to throw a ball this past week, experiencing it for the first time at swimming lessons. Now, he seems to think that we throw everything. We'll have to specify that we ONLY throw balls. We also shouldn't be throwing things in the house. Perhaps, working on ROLLING balls would be a better indoor activity. Often, the ball falls out of his hand as he retracts is above his head in his throwing position... hitting him on the head or landing on the ground behind him. I guess he throws like his mom... I forget to let go!


He had a great time playing with the toilet paper in the bathroom today. (I knew he was up to something because he was VERY QUIET when he went in there.)


I am convinced that he had more spaghetti on his face and on his belly than he did inside his belly. (He seems to have forgotten that he liked spaghetti last time we tried; this time, he gagged a lot and played with it.) Post-dinner, we went straight into the bathtub. (He had raspberries all over his feet and legs, too; he was one GIANT MESS!)

I announced "Beep!" and he accidently snorted milk out his nose because he started to laugh.

Today, we learned how to BEEP on the nose. He thought it was funny. In fact, while he was breastfeeding, he beeped me on the nose with his tiny finger. I announced "Beep!" and he accidently snorted milk out his nose because he started to laugh. Hopefully, we can keep it just a gentle BEEP (tap) instead of a HONK (squeeze).

No comments: