Library book: That's Papa's Way
We got new books from the library this week. One of them is called "That's Papa's Way" and it is a book about a kid who goes fishing with Papa. Yesterday, at bedtime, Sydney announced "Fffffsh (fish) Papa Way". (Previously, he hasn't added too many words together - other than "more betta-butta (blueberries) please.") Throughout the book, they say "that's papa's way" and Sydney often repeats "papa way" while I read it to him.Opposites: loves whisper/shout!
We also have a library book on opposites. Tonight, he had me read it to him FIVE TIMES!!! He especially likes the page that has WHISPER and SHOUT. He gets excited every time I get to that page and he starts laughing when I read SHOUT in a louder tone of voice. By the time we read it 3 times, he started to yell "SHOUT!" at just the right time. (I thought it was kind of funny! He was especially proud.)
Baby's First Words (book)
One of his board books, that we own and haven't looked at in a while, is on Baby's First Words. We read one day last week and I was SUPER IMPRESSED that I could open to a page and ask Sydney "What's this?" He is able to tell me/us almost every page in the book. (He does, however, get confused on the page for BOOK because it shows a 2-pg spread from a book that we own so, instead of saying BOOK, he says LION because it shows the book open to the LION page.) He is happy to announce the other pages, like: hat, sock, shoe, coat, face, hand, feet, bib, apple, milk, bowl, and ball (to name a few off the top of my head).
Twinkle, Twinkle
A week or so ago, when I went to sing Twinkle, Twinkle to Sydney, I suggested that Daddy help us sing our nightly bedtime lullaby. So, when I would pause, Daddy would chime in with the last word of each line.
Tonight, at bedtime, I asked Sydney if he wanted to help Mommy sing and he nodded yes.
He sang: STAR, ARE, HIGH, and a word that should have been SKY, but sounded nothing like it really. (I was pretty proud of him!)
No comments:
Post a Comment