This morning, our representative and her shadowing college student came to our house. Sydney played shy for less than 12 seconds, I'd say. And when they showed him a baggie of crayons and asked him if he likes to color, he had made some INSTANT FRIENDS. They were not, however, expecting him to hand them crayons and for him to ask them to write random letters of the alphabet or draw fish for him. (At least I had warned them that he'll call you on it if you forget to draw an eye for the fish or if you forget to draw scales on it's back.) They probably weren't expecting him to slide so many crayons into the neck of his onesie - for safe-keeping - either.
Today was mostly a meet-and-greet to do paperwork. They will come to our house twice a month to work with us hands-on. (And when Silas is born, they will work with HIM, too. We had added him to the waiting list as soon as we found out we were expecting!)
Through observation, they quickly determined that Sydney SHOULD fit the program very nicely as he is outgoing, eager to learn and eager to please. It should be interesting to see what kinds of activities they bring with them on their next visit in 2 weeks.
They had asked me how many words Sydney speaks. Off the top of my head, I guessed 50 - due to his recent word explosion the past few weeks. Mike assured me that he knows WAY MORE than 50... estimating between 50 and 100. Later in the day, I started to make a list of words - many of which are understood solely by us. I easily wrote 75 words down. Our little man is certainly coming around...
• • • • • •
I woke this morning to find a note on the dry-erase board from Mike. Originally, I had a note that said PARENTS AS TEACHERS HERE WED AM so that I wouldn't forget the appointment.
Mike wrote: I give you a B+ because straight A's are for nerds.
(He was rating ME as a parent, I guess.)
Goofball.
No comments:
Post a Comment