Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oscar-worthy NEED for medicine

While Daddy was busy cooking supper and Mommy was busy chopping up some finger food for Silas to eat, Sydney was "doing dishes" (a.k.a. playing in the sink) and rummaging through things on the counter. (He has recently discovered that he is able to open his stepstool by himself and moves it ALL OVER the kitchen... and house.) In his investigative search, he found the box containing a bottle of children's allergy medicine.

"What's dis?" he pondered. (Truthfully, he knows EXACTLY what it is.)

"That's your sniffle sneeze medicine." I replied.

"Need (s)ome of dat."

"Oh, I don't think so. You're not sneezing.

"AH-CHOO!" (A fake ah-choo sneeze in a voice similar to his pretend play voice.)

Daddy and I (BOTH) try hard NOT to laugh out loud and wear BIG GRINS on our faces. Sydney gave us a couple of Oscar-worthy fake sneezes, but we assured him that he can only take the sniffle sneeze medicine in the morning because we didn't want it to affect his sleep at bedtime.

Now, I am wondering if that is the first thing he'll ask for in the morning.

No comments: