Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Funny things kids (and Daddy) say

Wednesday, February 22... It's no use!
SCENE: Sydney kneels on a dining room chair at the table. One of our cats, Eddy, lays on the table.

SYDNEY asks: "Wan(t) get Eddy down?"
(He tries to lift Eddy, but the cat is too heavy for the toddler to lift from that seated position.)

Disappointed, SYDNEY states: "It's no use."

(I have NO IDEA where he ever heard that, but I found it HILARIOUS!)


One day last week... ALLIGATORS
SCENE: Riding in the car.

SYDNEY: "Do you (l)ike alligators?"
DADDY: "As a pet? Or to eat?"

SYDNEY: "Huh? You (l)ike alligators, daddy?"
DADDY: "As a pet OR to eat?"

SYDNEY: "You (l)ike em?"
DADDY: "They're really tasty to eat, but they don't make good pets."

SYDNEY: "You (l)ike em as pet?"
DADDY: "NO! Not a good pet!"

SYDNEY: "Why?"
DADDY: "Cuz they're mean and they bite!"

SYDNEY: "You (l)ike eat alligators? They tasty?"
DADDY: Alligators ARE tasty.

Now, I giggle each time I hear Sydney announce "Alligators are tasty! Bite, bite, bite!"


Tuesday, February 28... Wocket in my pocket
SCENE: Daddy is playing with the boys in the living room. They are playing with puzzles. Sydney has Daddy help put some of the puzzle pieces into his pocket.

DADDY whispers: "Tell Mommy there's a rocket in your pocket."

(Mommy hears it, gives Daddy a dirty look and mouths the words "DON'T EVEN...!")

Proudly, SYDNEY states: "Der's a wocket in my pocket!"

(I had to pretend that I didn't find it funny, but I still crack a smile when I replay Sydney's voice in my head making this announcement so innocently.)


Waiting for this to bite us in the butt someday...
SCENE: Sydney's new fascination is to offer us a few different items and asking us which we like better.

SYDNEY (to Daddy): "You (l)ike dis guy?" (holding up a toy)

DADDY: "Well, I wouldn't buy him a drink in a bar, but I guess he's OK."

(Yeah... just WAITING for him to repeat that one!)

No comments: