Thursday, February 9, 2012

King Meatball Kong

This morning, Sydney decided that he wanted to eat a CUPCAKE for breakfast. (Really, they were Cranberry Nut Bread that we made in the muffin tins, but to Sydney and for all practical purposes, they ARE cupcakes!)

So, he enjoyed half of a banana, a glass of milk and one "cupcake" while we chatted with Nana Olson on the phone. Sydney's cupcake ended up rolling off of his plate, across the table and onto the floor.

"Sydney," I started. "Remind me after we get off the phone with Nana that we should sing a silly song about a meatball."

A meatball? YEAH, THAT got his attention! (My mom laughed, knowing that he would LOVE that song!)

So, this morning - after breakfast, I taught him the song (or part of it, anyways) ON TOP OF SPAGHETTI.

"King Kong again!" he giggled.

"King Kong?" I quizzed, knowing good-and-well that he was trying to say SING SONG.

"Yeah, King Meatball Kong again! Dat's funny!"

Gosh, it is SO MUCH FUN to be a parent!


On top of spaghetti,
all covered with cheese
I lost my poor meatball
when somebody sneezed.

It rolled off the table
and onto the floor.
And then, my poor meatball
rolled right out the door.

No comments: