Friday, February 25, 2011

Sydney disturbed by library book's pictures

On Monday, we also checked out a book called "You and Me, Baby" by Lynn Reiser. Sydney LOVES looking at the pictures in this book because of the interactions between the baby and the parent. He also gets SUPER EXCITED to announce if it is a mommy or a daddy on each page.

HOWEVER, he finds the final 2 Peek-A-Boo pages (of this book) to be rather disturbing. 


Detail of first spread: Peek at me, peeking at you, peeking at me. PEEK-A-
Detail of second spread: BOO!

He is 100% convinced that the Mommy is EATING THE BABY. I tried to show him that they are playing Peek-A-Book, but he'll have none of my explanation. I even tried to demonstrate, but he thought I was going to eat his fingers. He just keeps pointing to the picture, saying "Mama", pointing at the teeth in his mouth and shoving his hands inside his mouth to demonstrate.

The thought process of a 20-month old is really QUITE fascinating!

No comments: