My weight was up .4 pounds from last time, which was A HUGE RELIEF to me, being that I feared additional gain after 14 pounds worth over the past 2 months. YAY!
My blood pressure was low, like always.
No protein in my urine, which I'm told is good.
Fetal heart rate was good.
Uterus measured small. Doctor ordered an ultrasound for my next appointment to check fetal growth, fluid levels, etc. - to make sure that he's doing well in there. Although, like last time, perhaps I just hide it well. (Like she says... better to be safe and check things out.)
Was disappointed this afternoon when I got my lab results back by phone. Turns out that I did NOT pass the preliminary gestational diabetes test; therefore, I need to fast for 10 hours and go in for 3.5-4 hours worth of further testing. However, given Mike's work schedule, this is NOT going to happen until NEXT WEEKEND on Saturday morning. (I'm not looking forward to it really; although, I guess it will give me a little down-time... without having to worry about Sydney... and allow me to sit and read a book. (I've already decided that menu planning for the week wont be the best idea since I will be starving and thirsty.)
So, fingers are crossed that all goes well next weekend... I don't know much about gestational diabetes and hope to keep it that way. I have heard of plenty of people who failed the first 1-hour test and passed the 3-hour test with flying colors so, I am hopeful.
Off to bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment