Tuesday, February 8, 2011

POP, goes the weasel!

Yesterday, a package arrived on our doorstep from Uncle Mike & Auntie Karin; it was Sydney's belated Christmas present. He was SUPER EXCITED to discover the Jack-in-the-Box, as he plays with a vintage one with Grandpa Lowell (out of the toy chest at Grandpa's house). That old Jack-in-the-box was probably one that Mike used to play with when he was little.... and being that Mike is "almost 40"... that is A LONG TIME AGO! (When Mike got home from work today, he announced "I'm going to be really, REALLY OLD this weekend!")

Sydney caught a glimpse of the new J-i-t-B as we were headed upstairs for naptime. He yelled "POP!" and jumped (upwards) in my arms while I carried him upstairs. Once we got upstairs, I hummed the song for him and whenever we got to the POP-part, he would jump into the air. He was having a GREAT TIME pretending to be a jack-in-the-box, but FINALLY I had to encourage normal napping routine. (Perhaps, we will have to video tape him in action later.)

He also enjoyed some new puzzles from Mike & Karin. Thanks for the great gifts! He LOVES them!

No comments: