He's been trying to willingly say words like APPLE, PEPPER and PAPER. (He calls Pineapple APPLE as well, but we know what he's asking for.)
In the afternoon, I asked Sydney if he could say the word GO. With a little thought, he - clear as a bell - said "GO". Then, I told him to go ask Daddy if he is ready to GO. He immediately ran into the living room and stood before Mike. Mike questioned "What do you need to ask me?"
Sydney replied "GO!" (Mike and I were both pretty proud of his latest word. We then got ready to GO to the YMCA where we took a hot shower together in one of the family locker rooms since our water heater is sadly STILL out of commission. Sydney has also recently attempted to say the word WATER, which comes out without the W.)

Right before bed, he picked out one of his books (Corduroy goes to the doctor) from the living room basket and announced "DOCTOR". Then, as he flipped through it, I asked Sydney if he could show Daddy the page where Corduroy says "AAAAH!" He quickly found it and proudly showed Mike the picture of the tongue depressor, saying "Aaah!"

(I have a papercrafting supply on my desk that Sydney is convinced
is a tongue depressor, but really it is a folding bone.
I'm impressed that he is THAT OBSERVANT to notice the similarity!
See StampinUp! image - above.
Often, when we SKYPE, he puts it in his mouth and says AAH!)
Last night, Sydney walked into his dark bedroom and said "IGHT ON" - requesting me to turn on the lamp.
He's also been doing a great job at trying to ask us to turn the television on. He points to it and says ON. On PBS, he enjoys a 30-minutes animated kids show called "Between the Lions" so, he also tries very hard to say LION. It comes out more like: ah-lee-I-on or ah-lee-own-lee-own, but he tries VERY HARD and we know what he's talking about.
We're also working on having him ask for HELP instead of simply whining or crying. When prompted, he says (with slight desperation) "HEP!"
When dressing, he now says "AHM" which is ARM.
It is AMAZING to watch his daily growth and development.
No comments:
Post a Comment