This time, he replied: Good, but she's nesting. She's going crazy cleaning things from top-to-bottom.
Nesting? Really?? (I call it BEING PRODUCTIVE as we watch the time slipping away.) Seriously, have you SEEN the baby widget ticker lately?

Yes... that is 68 days to go until our due date. That's a little over 2 months.
I reminded him that I am scared to death - NOT KNOWING if my MS will remain at bay or if I will snap back into the vision problems I had been suffering from prior to getting pregnant. I reminded him that I have NO IDEA how challenging it will be to juggle TWO KIDS under the age of 2 PLUS maintain a household.
Yes, I have been cleaning and sorting lately: We've now got dresser drawers in our hallway that are reasonably well organized. Our sunporch resembles usable space that is MUCH MORE INVITING than the garbage dump that used to greet us home each day. Our pantry has had a facelift and an overhaul. (I'm HOPING to relocate the litter box and food/water bowls to the pantry - since we vacuum almost daily anyways with a toddler in the house.) We are now a few boxes lighter on random JUNK that we've stored since moving here - just 2 years ago.
Over the weekend, we laid new carpeting in the nursery and in the master bedroom. During this process, I managed to pack up MULTIPLE BOXES of stuff that were squirreled under the bed and on top of one of the bedroom dressers. I left them for Mike to go through, explaining that I didn't want us to hide it all back under the bed. I collected an entire plastic crate full of tools from our upstairs - hoping that they would find their way back to the garage. (I was THRILLED when Mike announced that he wanted us to replace the ratty, old carpet in our entire upstairs. We didn't purchase new runner for the stairway yet, but I'm told that it will be on sale soon, too.)
We recently purchased a decorative storage bench (deck box) for our sunporch. Mike had hoped that we can keep the sunporch looking nice this way. He also picked out an entertainment console for our television - for our entryway. His willingness to spend money surprised me on both accounts. This was all AFTER we had just purchased all new carpeting.
I also have my eye on an official table (since we used a stool and a marble slab as a table last year, but it doesn't guarantee SAFETY if climbed upon by an active toddler) for the sunporch because we enjoyed countless dinners out there last spring/summer/fall.
I've been busy making TO DO LISTS (room-by-room) and planning out the laundry corner of the kitchen, which was left untouched in the kitchen remodel. I got a quote from Frank's grandson to do some painting projects in our house; figuring that it doesn't HURT to get a price quote.
Sydney has been BUSY disassembling my office - proving that NOTHING is safe. That room, looks like it MIGHT be stripped of the crafting supplies and made more family-friendly. (Sigh. Slight sadness; although, I will most likely NOT have much for free time within the next few years.)
So, perhaps it IS nesting. (I'm still thinking that it is being PRODUCTIVE while I still have a few random segments of free time and ambition left.) If only I hadn't run out of time in the fall... I had been having some luck cleaning and sorting in the bonus room, too. (That room, is currently A STORAGE PIT.)
Better get a move on... hoping for a quick POWER NAP and to tackle more JUNK in the office. I've got some MAJOR sorting and filing to do... but I will be SO HAPPY when it is done!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment