As we walked through the JCPenney store, Sydney was fascinated with all of the mannequins. He kept waving at every one that we passed; he didn't seem to notice that NONE OF THEM had heads because he waved HELLO to every one of them. (It was OBVIOUS that we don't go shopping all that much.)
Once in the center of the mall, headed towards our TOP SECRET DESTINATION, I laughed because Sydney suddenly stopped walking and started to dance. He could hear loud music playing from one of the stores that we were passing and he thought that it was a perfect time to dance. :) A few of the mall walkers smiled at this, as did I; it was pretty cute to watch.
We picked up his gift and headed back to JCP towards our car. Sydney ran into one store to wave HELLO to another mannequin along the way; the worker there smiled. He ran into another store to check out adult baseball hats that appeared to be Sesame Street characters, as well as a pole dancing kit; we didn't stay in that store for more than a few seconds. He also ran into another store because he saw Mickey Mouse in their window. Eventually, I kept ahold of the hood on his jacket, which he was NOT A FAN OF AT ALL; I think I might be best to get one of those monkey backpack-type leashes for him before the new baby comes and I find it nearly impossible to keep up with him. (At this age, he likes to run and be chased; it is SO FUN... for him! Not so much fun for us. I noticed other mothers had their kids contained in umbrella strollers... that's a nice thought, I guess.)
On the way back through JCP, we walked past the lingerie department. By then, I had picked him up because he was upset that I was holding onto the back of his hood to keep him nearby. Sydney saw two mannequins dressed solely in bra & panties and all of a sudden, he grabbed my chin to direct my attention, pointed and yelled "BOOB!" {I guess that's what a bra means to him... kind of like (age 11 months) any animal with four legs and a tail was EDDY and (20-months) any round produce is ONION. The brain development of children is truly fascinating!}
What a kid! He sure keeps LIFE interesting and full of fun!!
• • • • • • •
At lunch, Sydney spoke a new word: SALSA!
No comments:
Post a Comment