Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rollover accident for Sydney

The neighbor girls came over to play (while their parent's went to an Open House - because they just put their house on the market earlier this week). While they were busy playing, Claire (4) accidently ran over Sydney's foot while riding on the Sesame Street car. Sydney yelled "Ow!" and started to cry. He ran over to me and gave me a GREAT BIG HUG and patted my shoulder, as if he were telling me "There, there... it's OK!" (Funny how he comforts US when HE gets upset.)

Between his sobs, I asked him what happened. With tears rolling down his cheek, he pointed to his foot. "What toes got hurt? Should I kiss them?" He nodded YES and pointed to his foot again so, I started to kiss the toes on his one foot.

MOMMY: (Kiss) "One" • (Kiss) "Two" • (Kiss) "Three" • (Kiss) "Four" • (Kiss) "Five"
SYDNEY: "Ah, ah, ah" (sounding like The Count from Sesame Street)

MOMMY: (Kiss) "Six" • (Kiss) "Seven" • (Kiss) "Eight" • (Kiss) "Nine" • (Kiss) "Ten"
SYDNEY: "Ah, ah, ah" (sounding like The Count from Sesame Street)

Amazingly, he was ALL BETTER after that and ready to go play some more. (Between KISSES and him laying his head on my pregnant belly, I seem to have MAGIC HEALING POWERS.)

No comments: