I went to the bathroom, while he fussed, hearing my footsteps in our creaky hallway. I offered him a drink of water from his bedroom sippy cup and held Sydney for a few minutes in the recliner before telling him that it was time for him to go back into his bed now.
He fussed.
I laid on the mattress on the floor and SSsssshhhh'd him whenever needed. (He woke a few times in the night briefly, but the Sshhh seemed to work wonders, with the simple fact that he KNEW I was in the room with him.)
I slept reasonably well... except for the random Charlie Horses in my legs that have been becoming more common this past week or so. THAT, actually, is what woke me up this morning for good.
Hoping for a good day... there's been a few whimpers and whines from the bedroom on & off for the past 20 minutes, but he seems to be a rather slow waker-upper. (I like to wait until I "know" he's awake and ready to tackle the day, hoping by then that he'll be chipper and happy - like his mom.)
No comments:
Post a Comment