Monday, January 10, 2011

He REALLY pays attention!

This afternoon, after a handful of uncomfortable nights, we went to the chiropractor. (I had been avoiding going in because I stayed uncomfortable for SO LONG after my last adjustment and was finally starting to feel pretty good overall. Then, all of a sudden, I was having to CRAWL to the bathroom at night and didn't have the strength to lift my one leg when laying on my side because of a nerve pinch.) Mike wanted an adjustment today, too.

While we waited in the office for the doctor to finish with his previous patients, Sydney was checking out the open exam room. Sitting in the room, at Sydney's perfect level, was an open case that held an otoscope. (It was in a disassembled state, resting inside the case.) He reached for it, but I quickly re-directed him back out into the waiting room, telling him that THAT was NOT a toy for babies to play with.

A while later, while we were chatting with the doctor, Sydney ran back in and grabbed the head piece of the otoscope and immediately inserted it into his ear. There was NO DENYING that Sydney knew EXACTLY what it was for. He OBVIOUSLY pays attention whenever we take him to the doctor.



Perhaps, he will grow to be a doctor someday?

• • • • • • • 

On a separate note, after we brushed our teeth tonight, Sydney pointed to my makeup compact that sat on the vanity shelf. Then, he started to rub his hands on his chin and cheeks - pointing again at my makeup compact.

I don't wear makeup very often, but OBVIOUSLY he has watched me put it on at least once. He knew EXACTLY what that was, too.

This kid REALLY pays attention!

No comments: