Monday, January 31, 2011

Baby 2 at 25 and 26 weeks (belly pics)

Here's a peek at 25 weeks with a soccer ball-sized uterus:

Here's a peek at 26 weeks:

Here's a peek at 26 weeks, where Sydney was NOT super cooperative because he had just been busy signing the word POOP and was TRYING to push when Mommy picked him up to be in a photo. (I feel as if I am almost NEVER in any pictures so, thought it would be good to get myself in one here & there.)


Number Two's EARS and hearing are developing; we're told he can hear our conversations now. This week, his testicles are descending down from his abdominal cavity into his scrotum - taking 2-3 days to complete their journey to the desired location. My uterus is the size of a soccer ball, but by 27 weeks will be the size of a basketball. 

My pregnancy email update, earlier today, indicated that I can expect swelling in my feet and legs, but not to worry because SOON, my belly will be SO BIG that I wont be able to SEE my feet. :) The update encouraged keeping my feet elevated, not sitting or standing for long periods of time and making sure that I drink plenty of fluids. (I have already had significant swelling in my left leg/ankle for a few months already - due to my bad varicose veins; hence, the recommendation to wear support hose daily.)

Number 2 remains QUITE ACTIVE. On the drive to Monticello the other day, I was being kicked by BOTH KIDS at once! Sydney was busy kicking the back of my seat and Number 2 was kicking my insides. It was kind of funny.

26 weeks, 2 days down... 96 more days to go until due date! The end of the second trimester is in sight! Starting at our next OB appointment, we will be undergoing a Glucose Test and then, will start coming in every 3 weeks for appointments. (Yep, that means we're getting closer....)

No comments: