
This is my little helper. He had taken a break from cooking in between our Chicken Barley Soup and our (after nap) Dessert making. While I was de-boning my chicken, I had spotted him laying on the floor in the living room. He had taken this pillow off of the bench and was covering himself up with the non-slip rubber pad as if it was a blanket (indicating that he was getting ready for his nap). He was busy talking to his toy cow (from his Old McDonald tractor set). I grabbed the camera and laid on my belly in the dining room to capture a few photos. Of course, as soon as he saw me - he charged the camera - crawling as fast as he possibly could because he likes to see the pictures that we take. With our fast-shooting new fancy camera, I was able to get a few shots of him coming towards me. This one was the cutest expression though. He is a funny little guy!
While I was busy in the corner by the garbage can - pulling the outer layer of onion skin off - I suddenly heard a strange noise, followed by an immediate "UH-OH!" THIS is what I found...

somehow, the entire container of chopped vegetables has "tipped itself over" on our kitchen counter. Sydney thought it was a perfect time to sample the celery since he had only helped taste-test carrots up until that point.
While I was chopping the carrots and celery, Sydney was busy making a SPICE TOWER out of chicken bouillon cubes, poultry seasoning, bay leaves, dried sage, and black pepper. He was having a GREAT TIME! (He kept sampling the carrots, too.)
After nap, we decided to make a dessert. I would measure and hand it to Sydney to dump into the bowl. Then, I would give him his own bowl of all of the same ingredients. He thought it was fun to eat flour and had it all over his face and fingers. (YUCK!) He liked it a little better when I tossed some old fashioned oats in. He liked it A LOT when I threw in some brown sugar!!! As he was playing in (and eating) his mixture, he kept announcing "Yum, Yum, Yum!" He stayed entertained - playing with his bowl of dry goods and an assortment of measuring spoons and measuring cups. He would scoop and pour and sometimes play in the flour mess on the counter. He was having A GREAT TIME!
Sydney had been baking in navy blue pants and his winter boots. His blue pants were covered in flour handprints. His boots and chair were dusted with flour. His thermal long-sleeved shirt - with animal print - had a completely WHITE front with NO VISIBLE PROOF OF ANIMALS. It took a few minutes of patting and dusting his chest (with A LOT of giggles) before we could see the animals again. The kitchen was a mess, but we had TONS of fun together... we are busy making WONDERFUL MEMORIES!



No comments:
Post a Comment