Those cold symptoms got the best of me over the weekend. What started out as sneezing on Friday turned to feeling rather crappy on Saturday. In fact, I never made it out of the house on Saturday. Who knew that on Sunday, I would feel SO MUCH WORSE!
Sunday morning consisted of a morning cat-nap for about 30 minutes. Then, around the lunch hour, I took hubby lunch and ventured to the grocery store. After putting the groceries away, I was wiped out so, I curled up with my red, Polartec blanket in the recliner and woke up 2.5 hours later with not one, but TWO cats in my lap. (We were SO WARM and SNUGGLY!)
Broke down Friday night and used my inhaler for the first time. Being pregnant and all, I didn't want to use it unless I had to, but my old hometown pharmacist told me that it is fine, especially if I use it sparingly. So, I broke down and used that on Friday night... HOLY COW, I felt like a million bucks after that! My pesky cough was gone for QUITE a while after that. It was nice.
Today, I went to work. I had planned to give these germs back to the kids with hopes that they will keep them to themselves for the rest of the season. (I had hoped to be healthy enough for a flu shot within the next week or two.)
I guess that I am fortunate to spend 2.25 hour each day on the playground. That gives me that much more exposure to clean, fresh air. (If only the cold air didn't make me cough so much!)
Forgot my inhaler at school tonight so I ran back to get it just before they locked up for the night. Quick thinking on my part! Think I will go have some orange juice now.... and LOTS more fluids.
As far as my laundry pile and dish duties, it is a good thing I have such a wonderfully understanding husband throughout this week's sickness vs pregnancy melt-down.
Now, about that orange juice...
No comments:
Post a Comment