I felt as if I had been suffering from a broken heart after Mike delivered the news to me that their baby was born with problems. These latest updates made my heart ache EVEN MORE and I couldn't get them out of my mind.
When I heard that their baby had passed, with tears in my eyes, I looked into my arms and smiled at MY baby: my healthy and incredibly happy baby. Mike and I agreed that we are SO VERY FORTUNATE to have had two incredibly healthy and happy little boys!
I hope to NEVER have to experience the pain of losing a child.
I hadn't been sleeping overly well these past few nights as I couldn't get Mike's co-workers out of my head. Baby Silas had woken a few extra times in the night as well. Instead of feeling frustrated or sleep-deprived, I felt INCREDIBLY THANKFUL for each and every opportunity to snuggle with him. (Perhaps, he could sense the pain I was feeling and KNEW that I needed him as much as he needs me.)
I've found myself hugging and kissing my kids a little more these past few days. (I'm sure that hardly seems possible to shower them with MORE love since they get so much of it already.) Deep down, I love being a mom; I love being THEIR MOM! Becoming a parent has enriched my life more than I ever thought possible!
Sydney and Silas, I want to THANK YOU for opening my eyes to the world and making my life a better one. And Mike, I want to THANK YOU for two of the best gifts in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment