Without hesitation, he went to the bathroom door and announced "open door please".
He dragged out his potty chair, we stripped him down and he sat. He told me that he wanted a sticker to put on his hand (like they do with the stamps at the library story time). I reminded him that if he went potty in the chair, we would have a POTTY PARTY and he could have a sticker.
Within a few seconds, he announced "__ook, mommy! Potty!" as we both peered into the potty chair, watching him void.
Sydney got his sticker, but had a hard time deciding where to put it. First, on his hand; then, on his leg; then, he stuck it you-know-where.
Sydney admires his sticker for willingly going potty in the potty chair for the first time.
Since Daddy missed it, being at work, we took a picture. Of course, we called him to announce "POTTY PARTY! Sydney is a big boy!" Sydney was also quite proud to help dump and flush it!
After having one accident on the living room rug, I decided to improve our odds by bringing out another potty chair. We had one in the dining room and one in the living room. I also decided to set a timer so that we could sit and try again. This time, we sat on the FROG potty that Sydney had picked out himself at Target because it looked just like Lucy's potty chair. He was super excited to do it again!!! (We read a few books until he got the urge to go. It was a win-win for everyone!)
He thinks that he needs a new pair of big boy pants after every time on the toilet. I tried to convince him that they were still clean because he went potty in the potty chair instead of in his pants. I also made him feel that they were still dry. He was convinced "acky pants, mommy!"
(I guess that would be confusing since he gets a new diaper with every diaper change.) After feeling they were still dry, we managed to get them back on again.
I also made a chart for the fridge. He is thrilled to have "two happy faces, mom! ___ook, two happies!"
He is very excited to be a big boy again tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment