Saturday, September 24, 2011

Q: What should I draw? A: CAT POOP

Two-year olds are funny!

Sydney has never actually SEEN cat poop before; we've never let him see the litterbox because it closely resembles a sandbox... and Sydney LOVES playing in the sandbox!!!

Grandma Carol and Sydney were coloring on large paper in the kitchen (on the floor). Coloring with markers is Sydney's REWARD for going poop on the potty chair (instead of in his pants). I joined them in the kitchen and announced "It smells like cat poop." as I sat down. (The litterbox is in the pantry - just off of the kitchen.)

My two-year-old *mocking bird* repeated me. "It _mells _ike cat poop." (We laughed.)

I picked up a marker and started to draw. Sydney wanted a CAT and I obliged. Then, I asked "Now WHAT should mommy draw?"

"Cat poop." Sydney requested.

"Cat poop?"

"Yes, cat poop."
Carol and I were laughing. I shrugged my shoulders, grabbed the brown marker (again) and drew CAT POOP. Sydney was pleased with the cat poop drawing, but quickly decided that he needed MORE!

"More cat poop, mommy! More cat poop, please!"

While I was crouched on the kitchen floor, drawing MORE cat poop (per his request), Sydney took it upon himself to go behind me and stick his nose in my butt – like a friendly dog saying hello.

"_mells _ike cat poop, mommy!" he announced - while sniffing my rear.

"I can't wait to put THIS on the blog!" I announced. Carol and I continued to giggle; of course, I couldn't resist taking a picture of it either.

When telling Mike about the incident, he reminded me that I often sniff the rear of my children – to see if they have pooped; therefore, he thinks, it isn't all THAT STRANGE for Sydney to find this behavior to be acceptable.

I'm still going with the fact that: 2 year olds are pretty darned funny!

No comments: