I was secretly THRILLED that he was acting up since he has done it to me a few times and Mike had accused me of not handling the situation properly. This time, Mike was here to witness it and attempt to outsmart his 2-year old.
Eventually, Mike calmly asked "Sydney, do you want to go sit in the car by yourself?"
Without hesitation, Sydney announced "YES!"
Mike removed him from his high chair and told Sydney to say good-bye to everybody as they headed towards the door.
Loudly, Sydney announced "Good-bye everybody!" to the entire wing of the restaurant with a huge grin on his face. (There were LOTS of snickers and giggles from the crowd.)
We hadn't expected that. (Sometimes, it is hard NOT to laugh.)
• • •
Mike and Sydney sat in the car. When we were done eating, I had apologized to the table directly across from us that their free entertainment was going home.
"You've got REALLY CUTE KIDS!" the woman stated.
"Thank you." I replied. We quickly discussed how thankful I was that Sydney had acted up for his daddy since Mike could never believe that Sydney was naughty for me. "You're probably thinking Better her, than me!" I stated.
"Been there. Done that. We can relate!"
• • •
Damn, apple... didn't land far from the tree! We're starting to refer to him as: Apple-sass, but Sydney thinks we are saying applesauce. :)
(It seems that we're CONSTANTLY trying to outsmart and outwit our 2-year old!)
No comments:
Post a Comment