Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Time to spend time with Silas



Mike and Sydney were enjoying a bedtime snack of graham crackers and milk at the dining room table. Silas was laying on the floor in the living room, making his new(est) sound in his attempt to find his voice.... the screeching fingernails-on-the-chalkboard noise(s).

Mike got up from the table, leaving Sydney to finish his crackers. Slightly perplexed, Sydney asked Daddy to sit down with him, but Mike replied "I have to go spend some time with Silas now."

A minute later, Sydney came running into the kitchen, asking for Daddy's milk. (Mike had set his partial glass on the counter in the kitchen because he was full and sharing it with me.)

"What do you need, buddy?" I asked.

"Daddy's milk." Sydney replied, very matter-of-factly.

I carefully handed him the glass and helped him to get a drink. Then, he started to walk away with the glass of milk.

"Where are you going with that?"

"Daddy's milk." he stated. "Over here." He carefully walked out of the kitchen, as I followed close-behind, wondering where he was going with it.

Sydney carefully delivered the glass of milk to Daddy and sat down on the floor.

"Check this out," Mike stated, pointing to the placemat laid out on the floor. "Sydney carefully carried his placemat (from the table) over here, balancing his sippy cup of milk on top of it the whole way over and set it all right here."

My heart started to melt a little bit.

"Awwww, how cute!" I replied. "He wanted to spend time with Silas, too! That is SO SWEET!"

My three boys were sitting on the floor in the living room, enjoying each other's company, having a bedtime picnic snack.

• • • • • •
NOTE: In an attempt to keep Sydney from pooping in his Big-Boy-Pants, I kept his bottom half naked all day long (except for naps). Throughout the day, I kept reminding him "not to poop on my floor." All day long, we had NO ACCIDENTS! (We had a record amount of potty parties today. We also had NO POOP all-day-long.) Sydney was very good at running to his potty chair(s) for nearly every occasion of GAS. One of these days, I hope he will use the potty chair for pooping... instead of announcing it AFTER he has already done it in his pants!

No comments: