Monday, April 1, 2013

What's that all over your face?

Our dining room chairs are CONSTANTLY being dragged all over our house. Sometimes, they are at the bottom of the stairs so that the boys can scale the babygate. Sometimes, they are at the table where they belong. Oftentimes, they are assembled in the corner of the dining room - as a spaceship, an airplane or some sort of imaginary vehicle while the boys argue over who is the DRIVER or the CAPTAIN. Quite often, they are dragged into the kitchen to 1) be a helper or 2) get into trouble.

Scene: One chair in the kitchen, one at the table and three in the corner - a 'wocket-ship, I think.

Sydney walks past with dark brown all over his face.

MOM: What did you get into? What's that all over your face?

SYDNEY: Well, I tWied to Wick the Two-wewwa with my tongue so, it's pWobabwy Two-wewwa.
(Well, I tried to lick the Nutella with my tongue so, it's probably Nutella.)

MOM: Gross.

SYDNEY: Not gWoss. It was good! (Not gross. It was good.)

Ah, yes... MORE PROOF to NEVER TRUST A PRESCHOOLER!

No comments: