Thursday, October 4, 2012

Analogy that saved me, BLOG POST 1000

I was whining (again) about having to take an injection every day. I think it doesn't help that the drug company is calling me every few days AND that I get something in the mail from them almost every single day. (And you wonder WHY the medicine costs $138 PER DAY?!?!?) In their literature, they remind you that your medicine is BELIEVED to be working even if you don't feel any differently than before. (That's the part that has always bothered me... that they BELIEVE that it helps slow progression, but can't outright guarantee it.)

Laying next to Mike, he offered some advice that has since changed my outlook on things.

"You know, a seatbelt only saves lives if you get into an accident. You wear a seatbelt every day regardless of if you need it, don't you? It has never saved YOUR life, but you still wear one every day."

That struck close to home (for me). I wear my seatbelt religiously. I believe that seatbelts SAVE LIVES! (I really wish that my husband would WEAR HIS seatbelt ALL THE TIME, too!)

My medicine IS my seatbelt. It is there to help keep me safe(r).

I don't think I will whine about it anymore.

• • • • •

Dear Copaxone, thanks for saving my life.

No comments: