With a baby in the house demanding a lot of time and attention, it is difficult. Although, it is probably best to get into the habit of keeping a cleaner house; especially since he will be mobile all-too-soon.
Since Daddy did a bathroom makeover last week, which Mommy had teased about on Facebook - comparing it to the TLC show "While You Were Out", Mommy feels that it is only fair that SHE try to get things cleaned up and hopes to keep them that way.


Maybe an episode of CLEAN SWEEP will help to inspire some purging, sorting and cleaning. Maybe, too, one of these days we will clean our extra furniture off of the sunporch so that there is room for the toybox/bench seat that Grandpa Olson is building for us. (I proclaimed that the sunporch would be my FAVORITE ROOM to hang out in this summer. So far, Eddy-the-cat and Grandpa Lowell seem to be enjoying the rocking chairs the most.)

After Sydney went down for a morning nap, Mommy has been busy cleaning. The downstairs living area looks rather respectable. We'll even have clean sheets and blankets on the bed tonight! Maybe I will finally get my office put together; although, I had hoped to repaint in there before I unload too much.
Daddy gets off of work at 1pm today, has OFF tomorrow and goes in late on Wednesday. He mentioned that he wanted to clean and organize "the Bunk House" in preparation for Grandma Carol coming to visit in another week or so. Won't he be pleasantly surprised to find a clean house?!? Plus, the house might even smell like freshly baked goods as TODAY is the day to bake and divide Amish Friendship Bread. (Guess it depends how long Sydney's nap lasts. I, at least, hope to clean up our breakfast dishes that are piled in the sink.)
Hopefully, we can finish up the bathroom as well. We purchased new towel bars and accessories to match the new sink, vanity and cabinet that we had added earlier. (Since moving in, we have TRIPLED our storage space in the bathroom.) In order to finish the floor, we'll think we'll have to remove the toilet... and might even attempt to level it in our crooked house. Even though we aren't finished yet, it sure does look GREAT in there! WHAT A HUGE IMPROVEMENT!
Like a New Year's Resolution that I am not very good at keeping, I vow to TRY to keep a clean house. We can work TOGETHER... trying to keep this resolution.
No comments:
Post a Comment