Tuesday, October 21, 2014

VAC Day Four 102114

Silas and Daddy are LOVING spending time together OUTSIDE. 

Sydney is enjoying time spent INSIDE, playing with Baby Sawyer. 

Mommy is enjoying sitting in a rocking chair in the front yard, reading her book (The Rosie Project) and listening to the birds singing and the lack of sirens that we have so often in the city.

We took a family excursion across the field in search of the new baby calf. Unfortunately, we were SO BUSY WATCHING WHERE WE WALKED that we walked right past the little baby calf, nestled up next to the fence. When we walked back to the house to get our camera, Sydney decided that HE wanted to stay inside. He didn't appreciate the gnats or farm smells. However, I really didn't notice ANY farm smells while we were there.

Once we found the calf, we decided to pet it. It was SO soft!!! Mike convinced Silas to try to hug it, like he does to Beamer. (Cute!) Then, Mike decided to stick his hands by its mouth and it woke up, spooked. It MOO'd loudly at us. He snapped a quick picture of it standing next to me and then, it took off running, in search of its mother. (It was born the day earlier, I believe.)

While I enjoyed reading my book, Sydney and Sawyer watched PBS kids shows and played with toys. I sat in the sun, reading, while Silas and Mike went to check out Clyde's first attempt at peanut farming. On this trip, we learned that I do NOT like boiled peanuts. (I like my peanuts to be CRUNCHY, not soggy!)

Silas wanted to ride Buttons again, as well as to feed Sam-the-Horse. (This little boy LOVES to be outside or hanging out with mom and dad!!!)







































No comments: