Today, I tried hard not to laugh when Silas told me that he was a little sad at school.
When we picked him up, he was super excited because he was a recipient of one of the suitcase activities for the weekend. He was convinced that he was going to take this plastic suitcase on vacation, but I burst his bubble when I reminded him that we need to bring it back to school on Tuesday for someone else to take a turn.
He told me he was sad about school because he's not allowed to talk to his teachers and he seemed genuinely upset by this. Being that he is three years old and highly intelligent, it is hard to know where the truth lies sometimes.
After his first day of preschool, he informed me that Mrs. Pat is his new best friend. At the time, I was just excited that his Best Friend wasn't his sleeping monkey, nor was it his imaginary friend named "Silly Head" (who I recently learned is a dog.)
Silas explained to me that he isn't allowed to talk to his teachers at school. Needless to say, he did NOT like this news. Instead, he's encouraged to play with the other children. Our son is a very personable little boy who loves to be around people and enjoys having intelligent conversations.
Mike laughed when I told him about poor Silas being sad. We are both curious to check with the preschool next week to see if the story is true or if slightly fabricated; however, knowing Silas and his talkative nature, we're suspicious of it being true.
No comments:
Post a Comment