Mommy did NOT like feeding the calves today. Mike thought it was funny to pull the Jeep farther into the pen and to turn it around so that I was closest to the cows. One cow in particular kept getting closer and closer. I was ready to run, but Mike found humor in stalling the Jeep. I was quite uncomfortable; I was ready to get out and run. It was one of the LONGEST minute-and-a-halves of my life, second only to the day that Silas got a concussion, turned blue and lost consciousness OR those minutes of nursing staff BEGGING me NOT TO PUSH Silas out because the doctor wasn't there.
Sydney flapping his arms like a bird and making noisy boy noises was enough to spook the black one away. Perhaps I would have been best off to get OUT of the (doorless) Jeep and try that.
It was the most entertaining minute-and-a-half that Mike has had in a long time; he enjoyed it immensely, watching me squirm. (Jerk!)
Silas kept removing Mike's hand from the steering wheel of the Jeep because HE wanted to drive. He also scolded us to LET HIM CONCENTRATE.
When we were ready to go check out cotton fields, Clyde's truck wouldn't start. We had to jump it with Mary's vehicle (that was recently repaired from a BOLT in the tire last night on our way home from dinner.)
This was my first time seeing COTTON in real life. Previously, I had seen only pictures of cotton. We had collected samples to bring back to school with us. (I had also collected a blue jay feather and some snake skin.)
In the photo that Mike took of ME standing in the field of cotton, if you look closely, you will see BOTH BOYS hiding in the cotton. Mike pulled the truck over so we could use it as a tripod for our self-timer family of four pictures.
We finished off the day by making cupcakes with Mary... WATERMELON CUPCAKES AND WATERMELON FROSTING... exclusive to Target... that we had sent to Miss Mary for her birthday. She has been HOPING we would come visit so that we could bake them WITH HER. (Mike's impromptu vacation during parent/teacher conferences worked out to our advantage!)
No comments:
Post a Comment