Thursday, December 16, 2010

Babies keeping me up

Last night, we had a VERY ROUGH NIGHT with Sydney! He napped only an hour-and-a-half during the day and went to bed very well, leading me to believe that it would be a good night; although, he woke REPEATEDLY for the next few hours!!! Grrrr!

Now, I - the silly mom - tend to stay up at night when the house is quiet to sit quietly, check my email, check facebook and blog, but I - for once - was RESPONSIBLE and went to bed by 9:30pm (which I SHOULD do again tonight, if I hurry with this post!) I laid in bed, trying to get comfortable with my stuffy head and limited sleeping positions. Baby 2 likes to bounce around when I go to bed, too so, THAT hasn't been helping my cause to fall asleep any easier this past week either. Just as I fell asleep, Sydney started screaming!

I comforted him, snuggling in the recliner for a few minutes and put him back in bed.

I returned to bed; again, struggling to get comfortable. Again, just as I fell asleep, Sydney started screaming! (See a pattern here?)

The next time, I wanted to let him cry it out to see if he would fall back asleep on his own, but his cries turned to "HELP, HELP, I'M HURT!" instead of the regular "HEY, I DON'T WANT TO BE IN HERE!) cries.

"OW!" Sydney yelled. "OWWWWwwwwwww!"

The little stinker has (somehow) figured out how to push his leg through the rungs on his bed, but then can't get his knee backed out again. Part of it may be that he panics and then there is no rational thinking that can get him to bend or straighten his leg to attempt the escape on his own. So, I saved him and we snuggled AGAIN!

At one point, Mike announced "You can bring him in bed with us if you have to."

I responded "I don't like to get into the habit of doing that."

Mike rolled over and went back to sleep. I attempted to sleep, but the baby was bouncing inside my belly again.

As I was drifting off to sleep, Sydney started yelling AGAIN! That time, I took Mike up on his offer to let Sydney sleep between us in the bed. Funny thing is... Mike had NO IDEA that Sydney was even IN the bed with us! He had NO recollection of it AT ALL today!!!

It was around 11:40 when I put Sydney back into his own bed. Back to bed with the bouncy baby belly.... although, this time, I don't think it took my EXHAUSTED body very long to shut down and fall asleep! (THANKFULLY, Sydney slept through the rest of the night... waking around 8:40am.) And I was pleased with 8 hours of sleep... even if I did have to get up THREE TIMES to go to the bathroom!

No one ever said that parenting would be easy, but ultimately we really DO have TONS OF FUN!!!

Signing out at 9:32pm. (NOT BAD!!!) Going to go turn off the Christmas tree lights, hit the bathroom (hopefully) one last time and headed to bed myself!

No comments: