Monday, October 11, 2010

So many new things to attempt

Zerbert
On Thursday night, following a shower for Mike & Sydney, we all laid on our bed as a family. Sydney started laying his head down on our bellies lately so, I lifted up my shirt - exposing my belly button. 

I said: Sydney, do you want Daddy to show you how to ZERBERT on mommy's belly?

Without being shown, Sydney instantly crawled over and (proudly) started blowing zerberts on my belly. Mike and I looked at each other - puzzled - wondering WHO taught him the word zerbert. (Immediately, I thought of Aunt Sue.) We have done that before, but I don't know that we actually called it a zerbert.... or perhaps, we did - quite a while ago - and thought that he didn't take note of it, but obviously - he did! Silly boy!

Marketing Ploy
While watching the Food Network, there was a commercial for a brand of juice that is "healthy". Pictured on one of the bottles was Elmo. "Gee, that isn't targeted to kids now, is it?" I asked. All of a sudden, Sydney was pulling me out of the recliner and dragging me by the hand into the kitchen where he stopped in front of the fridge. He indicated that he wanted UP and that we should open the fridge. He pointed into the butter drawer where we keep his Sesame Street juice boxes.

I denied his request - indicating "You have a cup of juice in the living room. Let's go get that one."

Mike announces "Well, I guess that marketing ploy DOES work!"

Nose Blowing
Following a week of having colds, Sydney has observed Mommy (and later in the week - Daddy, too) blowing my nose. So, it was pretty cute when he took a Kleenex and held it to his nose before making a blowing motion into the Kleenex. (Granted, he is blowing with his mouth instead of his nose, but he understands part of the concept.)

Laundry Basket as Step Stool
Today, Sydney discovered that he can use the laundry basket as a step stool. He picked it up and carried it to his desired location before standing on top of the basket. Mike and I agreed that we should let him LEARN that it can be dangerous to stand on top of things. We didn't (seem) to notice him on the basket so, he nervously got back down again. 

Phew! Saved for a few more days, I hope.

No comments: