Saturday, October 16, 2010

Baby 2 at 11 weeks

Baby 2 is busy, busy... GROWING!

    Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about thesize of a fig, is now almost fully formed. His/her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of his/her bones are beginning to harden. Baby's already busy kicking and stretching, and those tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as the body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two -- nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that the diaphragm is forming.

Gosh, it is SO HARD TO BELIEVE that Baby 2 was the size of a blueberry a few weeks ago. It is INCREDIBLE to watch how quickly they grow. This week, I was able to schedule my 16 week and 20 week appointments. WOW, those really AREN'T "that far away." Gulp. 20 weeks is HALF-way already! We'll be seeing our doctor (for the 12-week appointment) on Thursday for (my yearly) pelvic/pap and will get to hear heart tones, as well as getting the lab results from last week's blood draw. I believe my uterus is now the size of a grapefruit, if I remember correctly from what I read recently.

Speaking of growing, I read somewhere that I can (soon) expect to put on ONE POUND PER WEEK. Hmmmm, 29 weeks to go... means 29 pounds added to my recently thinned frame. (If I am lucky, I will be able to weigh less than Mike for this entire pregnancy!!!)

The majority of morning sickness seems to (thankfully) be gone now; although, snacks are still good to keep on hand for sudden outburst of starvation. My head cold appears to have cleared to that point that I have next-to-nothing for stuffiness left; Sadly, I am stuck with a horrible tickle and cough. (Perhaps Kegal exercises should have been stressed as more important since the coughing spells are challenging my bladder control - or lack thereof. I'm told by a few of my neighbors that each pregnancy gets a little worse in that department. It's a good thing that children bring SO MUCH JOY to our lives - that it makes it all worth it!)

Sydney continues to lay his head down on my bare belly when I lay on the floor. (Mike likes to think that he is giving his brother/sister a hug, but he does it to Mike's belly, too. Still, it is cute to see.'') I did tell Sydney that there is a baby inside mommy's belly and how mommy is going to get a GREAT BIG BELLY. He smiled. I think he will be a GREAT big brother; he is such a little helper already!

Took Mike dinner at work tonight. While there, saw a very pregnant mom and her little girl shopping in the Christmas section. I asked the mother how old the little girl was. (Answer: 2)

Come April/May, I will look A LOT like that.

• • •

NOTE: Will TRY to add an 11-week belly pic to this post tomorrow.

• • •

Happy Birthday to Auntie Nicki!

No comments: