Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Kitchen Helper and Tickle Fingers

This morning, I got out the rather neglected video camera and taped Sydney "cooking" in the kitchen with me. We were making Wedding Soup together. I cleaned some celery and carrots and placed them on a plate. Sydney had a chair in the kitchen so that he could supervise. He separated the carrots and celery into two respective piles and nibbled sample bites from both.

I encouraged him to go find his salt and pepper (toy shakers) and he quickly climbed down and went to retrieve them from the living room. I diced some of the carrots and celery for him and we put it in a bowl for him to stir and pretend to cook.

It was cute video footage.

Then, when Mike came home from work - after we had tried the soup for lunch - I showed him the footage. Of course, Mike agreed with me that Sydney is SO STINKING CUTE!

Then, we flipped through old footage on the camera and showed Sydney "That was YOU when you were a little baby!"

At one point, in the old footage, I had been tickling Sydney near his shoulders in our first real successful attempt to get him to laugh. (We had struggled for quite a while and despite the baby book telling us that he should be laughing, we just couldn't get him to do it.) So, we had caught him laughing on the video - with me tickling him by waving my fingers in the air and announcing "Tickle Fingers, Tickle Fingers, Tickle Fingers!"

Sydney thought that the Tickle Fingers video footage was funny. He held up his hands and mimicked my "tickle fingers" from the video. Mike and I thought that THAT was pretty funny.

Later in the night, Mike witnessed Sydney "walking" on his knees across the dining room while doing "tickle fingers" as he approached Mike (who was laying on the living room floor). Mike says he looked a little like Frankenstein. What a funny kid!

Now, if only I can get him to demonstrate "Tickle Fingers" for my video camera... 

No comments: