Thursday, October 7, 2010

Belly Pics resume with Number 2 (10 weeks)

Mike just recently questioned me "Have you taken a Belly Pic yet?"


Honestly, it was much more fun to take photos of my belly when it had started out (reasonably) TONE. (That, and the fact that my chest USED TO BE perkier, but now looks sad and droopy after 15 months of 'wear & tear'.) 

The discouraging news is that everywhere I read indicates that subsequent pregnancies tend to SHOW SOONER because the pregnancy hormones automatically relax your muscles. (And let's keep it real here, people... I haven't actually made the time for myself to work out over the past 1 year, 4 months, 1 week and 2 days that Sydney has been breathing air with us on this place we call Earth.)

Keeping it real... over the past 16 months, I felt like it was a good day if I brushed my teeth or managed to squeeze in a shower.  

At the breastfeeding support group, it was a common concern among mothers that they wanted "to regain their body back" before getting pregnant again so that their breasts once again belonged TO THEM and no one else. (That sounded like a good theory BEFORE I was encouraged NOT to have more children so that I could return onto my MS medication.) I had worked VERY HARD to stop breastfeeding in a hurry - only to (later) find out that I was ALREADY PREGNANT. 

As it turns out, the theory of "getting my body back" was foiled slightly since it now appears that I had been tag-teamed by my children for half of the month of August before I stopped breastfeeding Sydney. (And that chilled bottle of Belgian Lambic raspberry beer that I had been saving in the fridge for a day when I was done breastfeeding.... well, it looks like it will sit - CHILLED - for another year.)

We're getting EXCITED at the thought of doing this parenthood thing all over again. (And we're thankful that we can now give up the ROOKIE status. We've got 211 more days to go...)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Can't wait to follow along with your second pregnancy! :)