

At last visit, my left ovary was surrounded by fluid and had 2 cysts on it. This time, the fluid is gone and there is only 1 cyst - of which appears to be no concern.
At last visit, there was evidence that there had been TWINS. At this visit, the second baby has dissolved itself and ONE HEALTHY BABY remains.
At last visit, there was a small blob of blood near the occupied sac. That blood blob is still there, but seems to be of no concern. (They indicated that I may eventually have a little spotting if that blob works itself loose.)
At last visit, the occupied sac measured "abnormally large" for gestational age. At this visit, the sac was still slightly larger than expected, but does NOT appear to be a problem. Doctor says that a large sac is NOT indicative of future problems. (This was an uneasy concern of mine for the past 2 weeks; the ultrasound technician indicated that it wasn't fair for them to say that last time - only to cause me to worry.... "it IS, what it is and there's nothing you can do about it because it doesn't matter" she indicated. She did agree with Mike, however, that it did give them a reason to justify another ultrasound with all of the other things that they were keeping an eye on. AND... I was SUPER RELIEVED to confirm that it IS only ONE BABY!)
At last visit, the baby measured accurate according to last menstrual period and had a good heartbeat for it's gestational age. At this visit, the baby showed growth and increased heart rate as expected for it's gestational age.
Dr. O'Donnell suggested that we can pursue further testing (in Iowa City) if we wanted to (later in the pregnancy) to rule out problems. We, however, explained that our initial concern was due to the fact that I had been exposed to xRays, MRI and gadolinium dye and that we were NOT concerned about other chromosomal conditions; afterall, we have a perfectly healthy little boy and think that our genes meshed pretty well together already. She assured us that this pregnancy SHOULD be perfectly fine.
I also got a flu shot today - since they are highly recommended for pregnant mothers.
As for the morning sickness, that seems to be ongoing ALL DAY LONG and into the wee hours of the night, Dr. O'Donnell suggested a cocktail of Vitamin B6 and Unisom sleep aide, which do VERY WELL to fend off the ill affects. (Neighbor/Biology Professor Kate originally recommended the B6.) Perhaps it will be worth a try.
I do not recall throwing up more than TWICE last pregnancy. This time, I keep my bucket on hand throughout much of the day and have had to use it already. Last time, I remember minimal munching on cereal throughout the day. This time, even with near-constant snacking, it seems that I am waking in the night to eat in an attempt to rid myself of the sick feeling. (Mike had teased that twice as sick meant twice as many babies. HA-HA... NOT SO FUNNY!) I remind myself... just a few more weeks of this (fun).
Baby 2 should be growing between the size of a blueberry and a large raspberry this week and has grown by leaps and bounds since just 2 weeks ago! Baby had a heart rate in the 150's already and measured 1.2 cm long.
We're not ready right now, but by early May, we'll be ready to meet you, Baby #2! (Due around May 7-9, 2011.)
2 comments:
Catching up on my blog reading. CONGRATS! So excited for you guys! :)
Hooray! I was sick with #2 also after expereincing minimal nausea with #1- such an unpleasant surprise! Hope the B6 is helping.
Post a Comment