Thursday, January 1, 2009

Struggling with excitement in the New Year

Struggling with excitement here as we wait for word... as far as a job promotion and transfer that would bring us 35 minutes from Grandpa Lowell and just 3 hours from Grandma and Grandpa Olson. On our way home from our late Christmas celebration in WI, we went home via Iowa so that Mike could interview on Tuesday afternoon.

We also spent some time looking at two VERY DATED apartments and 3 older homes for sale and are trying not to put the cart before the horse, but in the same respect - know that there is potential to be relocating QUITE QUICKLY and that we would be best to know what we have for options.

Mike just left for work. I told him "if only we knew something, I would have had you get the boxes out of the rafters in the garage and I would have started packing today since I have the rest of this week off of work." Instead, we decided that I could probably just pack up the Christmas decorations instead.

If he DOES get the job, we talked about me staying in MN for a while so that I could pack in a less-rushed manner. If possible, I would PREFER to keep it the least amount of stress and trauma for the cats... something tells me that they would NOT like to be quickly moved to a house where they are chased by a small dog (Bishop) and then, move yet again when we have an apartment or a house to move into. (Cats truly do NOT adapt well to change like that.) We are stuck in our lease anyways so, I may as well keep working and making a little money while I pack. 

SO, WE'LL SEE.... at this point, I think that we are NOT the only ones who are excited about the potential move - closer to home. (My mom and I are excited to be that much closer to each other as well!)

Grandpa Lowell has already expressed that he does NOT want to know the sex of baby HeShe until He/She is born. We're thinking that if we end up living with him, it would be difficult to keep the secret since we will continue to purchase items for baby and either pink or blue will eventually give us away... and we may slip up on the baby name. Time will tell...

On our drive home yesterday, we stopped at the mall in Mankato, MN to stretch our legs and we bought our first official baby clothes there. On the clearance rack, there were some fleece one-piece outfits for $2-something each so, we bought a few of those for next fall/winter. Mike also wanted the little white dress shirt, dress pants and tie outfit for 2009 Christmas pictures if HeShe is a boy - and the little holiday partial plaid dress if HeShe is a girl. We figured that we "SHOULD" know the sex after the ultrasound this next week and that we can return the outfit that is not applicable since we have 90 days to return/exchange. For someone who does NOT like to spend money, he is certainly liking to look at baby clothes.... it is kind of cute! (Deep down, I believe that HE really DOES want to know the sex!)

If you ask him, Mike is predicting that HeShe is a girl. 

The Chinese Zodiac that compares our birthdays and the conception date also predict a girl.

Baby HeShe is moving more and more often so that I am able to feel it more frequently. This past week was an incredible boost in feeling all of the movement! (Must be because HeShe is getting bigger and more powerful in movements.) We're teasing that HeShe likes to dance because activity levels increased with louder music in the car. Also, activity increases after I have fruit juice or chocolate milk... baby HeShe must detect the sugars almost instantly!

We are growing with excitement all the time.... looks like 2009 will be an exciting year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

8PM UPDATE: We had planned to have word on the promotion approval TODAY. Turns out that they are still waiting on approval... they have 4 out of 5 votes so far. Chances are, we'll know Monday. Then, in order for the company to pay for the relocation, Mike has 45 days to move (from when he starts there) so, we might be busy soon... KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!

No comments: