Wednesday, January 14, 2009

POISON: Giving up tea!

Oh, my goodness!

Grandma Carol had sent us some tea a while back. Tonight, Mike decided to have a cup of the CALM your mind BEDTIME tea. Turns out, he didn't like it so, he gave it to me.

I later asked him which one he tried because after drinking half a cup, I did not really care for it either because it left an odd after-taste on your tongue. I looked at the box and noticed the warning on the box.

EEK!

WARNING: Not to be used during pregnancy or while nursing.

Looking at the ingredients, I decided that it MUST be the "organic skullcap leaf" that is bad for the baby because that just sounds BAD. So, I kind of freaked out that I had poisoned the baby with toxic drink.

Mike tried to assure me that it will be fine, especially since I had only 1/2 a cup.

Poor baby Sydney! SO SORRY to do that to you! I vow to be more diligent at reading labels from now on! Think it is best to give up (most) teas right now. Better safe than sorry, right?

No comments: