Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our baby's new blog header - WITH BABY NAME!

Grandpa Lowell admitted (via email) that he really likes to scroll down the blog to the older post so that he can see his upcoming grandbaby's ultrasound pictures. With that, I thought it was finally time to create a customized blog header for the baby.

Grandpa Lowell also prefers NOT to know the sex of the baby until the big day so, we're hoping that he isn't overly observant as far as what color (a dead giveaway) we seem to be buying, especially since we'll be living with him temporarily until we find just the right place to live in Iowa.

However, since we picked a uni-sex name, it IS safe to reveal the name of our baby.

Drumroll, please.....


SYDNEY



(Sorry, can't tell you the middle name or else it would give away the sex, for sure! Granted, we are still aware of the fact that they CAN be wrong in their predictions.)

Sydney is Grandpa Olson's middle name. He, my father, inherited that name because his own father (my grandfather/Baby Sydney's great-grandfather) was named Sydney. I believe that the name Sydney goes back one generation farther, but I would have to check the details on the family tree to confirm that one. (I never met my Grandfather Sydney because he died when my dad was in high school, but I hear that he was quite an AMAZING person!)

And so, you have it! Baby HeShe has a name! (Now, Mike just has to practice saying it... sometimes, when he talks to my belly, he slips up and says CINDY instead.... good thing we have time to get that one down pat before baby arrives.)

Enjoy the new blog header from the 19wk04d ultrasound while we all wait to meet Sydney!

No comments: