Night after night, we continue our routine of "What's your favorite part of the day?"
Night after night, after making us recount every little detail of our day and events, Silas stumps us with "I'm still thinking; I'll tell you tomorrow!" OR he changes the rules: I can only say mine AFTER Daddy... OR I can only say mine if the lights are OFF... OR I can only tell you if Daddy is here, too.
Typically, Sydney sums his FPoD into one word: SCHOOL! (If we try to coax which part of school was so remarkable, but he is always unable to give us an answer. Art class? Music? Gym? A fantastic lunch? Something fun or funny that happened? The poor guy must hate weekends when he has to actually rethink his day and come up with a valid answer.)
Tonight, marked a miraculous occasion! We all had an answer and they were ALL different!
Mommy went first:
My favorite part of the day was sitting in the sunshine - in our yard - with Sydney and Silas while reading the book with NO WORDS! (The Hero of Little Street by Gregory Rogers) This was essentially a comic book for children.
Sydney was eager to go next:
Buying Girl Scout cookies! (Frank and Bev's grand-daughter stopped by with her wagon of leftover boxes of cookies. Our two choices were Caramel Delights or Peanut Butter Sandwiches. Mike declared that he HATES coconut so, Caramel Delights were out of the questions. I did, however, have the opportunity to tell the boys that THOSE used to be one of my Grandma Olson's FAVORITE Girl Scout cookies. Sydney announced "I remember you telling me about her. She's the one who had secret tunnels in her attic!")
Silas shouted:
When Daddy picked me up from school today... IN HIS TRUCK!
Daddy made us GUESS what HIS favorite part of the day was. I whispered an idea into Sydney's ear, thinking I'd know what his FPoD was. (Dinner as a family is often Daddy's go-to answer, much like SCHOOL is for Sydney.)
Sydney announced "Eating dinner together as a family on our sunporch!"
"That is a great part of my day, but that is NOT my favorite part!"
Hmmmm..... re-thinking.... OH, I think I know... (whisper in Sydney's ear again)
Daddy:
"Was it when Silas fell asleep, snuggled up against you, in your truck?"
"It WAS! That was pretty special."
Silas and Daddy ran errands while Mommy got trigger point injections for her isolated patch of icy hot/ants sensation of her left shoulder that has been going on since last summer. They did one injection near my bra line and two in my neck. Silas fell asleep in the truck - where I found them in the parking lot after my appointment. {so sweet}
No comments:
Post a Comment