Silas and Mommy tested positive for strep throat 2/19. He had thrown up at preschool that morning. He was fevered and unable to keep ANYTHING down for the entire day. He napped in his bed for a little while, but spent most of the day laying on the drafty, kitchen floor. He was given an injection of penicillin and an antibiotic for a sinus infection.
I had been given an antibiotic as well. (Mike tested negative. Sydney stayed home with Grandpa Lowell, but had been treated with antibiotics because he had symptoms and lack of appetite like his brother). I was suspicious of an ear or sinus infection since I had been suffering from cold symptoms for MOST of this YEAR and had been having difficulty hearing, blaming Mike for mumbling quite often. It was a relief that my antibiotics SHOULD have been strong enough to kill off any other infection as well.
HOWEVER, after over half of my treatment, my glands continued to swell ridiculously large and I wasn't feeling better so, the pharmacist encouraged me to call my doctor.
The boys were plagued by fevers again as well so, they went to the doctor again, too. Sydney and I were switched to stronger antibiotics. Both of us treated for sinus infections.
My right nasal passage was FIRE RED and SUPER SWOLLEN. I've been treated with prednisone steroids to reduce inflammation ever since.
Oddly, my ears were fine, but the pressure from all of my glands was making them feel full and causing difficulty to hear.
As for the returning fevers of the boys, they have since tested positive for influenza B.
No comments:
Post a Comment