This past week, Mike picked up a booster seat. He knew that they were selling them reasonably cheap at work and thought it might be a good thing to have. (We noticed on the parent-driven field trips that EVERYONE - but Sydney - has a booster seat.)
After watching a slow-motion crash test dummy video on booster seats, I'm convinced NOT to use them for any purpose. Although, I can see the convenience factor of having one as well.
On Tuesday, Mike picked Silas up from preschool and offered to give him a ride in the brand new booster seat. Silas was VERY APPREHENSIVE at first. Then, he decided that he DID want to ride in the truck with Daddy and that he would give it a shot. Turns out, he's disappointed to ride in the GMC Acadia with me now.
This morning, he was upset that I was the one picking him up from preschool. He insisted that he really wanted DADDY to pick him up because he loved daddy a lot and that he no longer loves me because he loves daddy so, so much. (Ouch!) He proceeded to tell me how very special it is for him to ride in the truck with daddy and to hang out with daddy. We then made arrangements for Silas to run errands with Daddy later that afternoon after violin lessons.
So, that's that.... Silas doesn't love me anymore; He only loves Mike.... because of the new booster seat.
"I really love Daddy a lot!" he proclaims.
"Me, too."
No comments:
Post a Comment