Sunday, November 23, 2014

It MUST BE 'The REAL Santa!'



On Sunday morning, while Mike and the boys snuggled together in the recliner, I asked them if they were ready for our SPECIAL SURPRISE. Their faces lit up. "Surprise?????" they squealed in unison. "Yeah!!!!!" I pulled out the photo that Mike and I had gotten in Altoona, IA the day before...

Their eyes grew wide and HUGE SMILES appeared. (Oh, how I wish I would have video taped this moment on the iPad... or taken pictures of their faces... it was PRECIOUS!!!)

Studying the photo, Sydney announced "That looks like HE is the real Santa and not one of those helper Santas."

Mike informed them "Santa told us that Barney is anxious to come back and see us again. He'll be seeing us again very soon!"

"I KNEW IT!!!! I KNEW IT WAS THE REAL SANTA! SEE, HE KNOWS BARNEY!!! IT MUST BE THE REAL SANTA!!!!!! OH, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE BARNEY AGAIN!" Sydney squealed.

Then, after a brief pause... "Um, guys??? Is THAT a reindeer behind you???"

Honestly, when Santa asked ME what I wanted for Christmas, my stomach jumped with excitement. I noticed that he had a very special twinkle in his eye as we wished him a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Oh, how I LOVE the Christmas holiday season....

No comments: