Our family seems to have little-to-no athletic ability, but that didn't stop us from enjoying some Friday Family Fun tonight! Between kindergarten pickup and dinner, we went to Cherry Lanes and bowled one game. (Eventually, we all ended up with bumpers!)
I had bowled a few frames before I realized that Mike had turned my bumpers on. It MAY have had something to do with my first gutter ball. Granted, we haven't attempted bowling since January 2013.
![]() |
| Photos from our first family bowling outing on January 18, 2013. |
(Silas is still TRUE TO FORM... he does NOT like to be told he is too little to do anything, which was apparent on January 18, 2013 as much as it was today!)
I had to laugh when Mike changed his own settings to have bumpers. He started strategically throwing his balls off of the bumpers so that they would bounce just so. (Actually, he was doing pretty well this way and having more fun.)
"Honey, it's NOT like playing pool."
"It's a lot like pool. I'm using geometry skills." he insisted.
I never really DID care much for geometry, but at least he was having fun with it. We were also lucky enough to be serenaded by him to one of his favorite karaoke songs "Jack and Diane" . What a special treat to hear him sing!
It was challenging to bowl with Sydney tonight. He kept running around and charging up after the bowler. I was afraid he would run into my backswing so, I kept trying to move him farther and farther back. He liked to slide all over the floor on his pants, as well as have the blower blow on his belly by the ball return. His brand new, bigger, big boy pants (way too big in my opinion) kept hanging out the top of his pants. He acted as if we should have gotten him his own lane... as HE wanted to bowl every frame. His lack of listening was not the most fun, but we will choose to remember the FUN FAMILY MEMORIES.
The sassy mockingbird repeating the entire ride home wasn't all that fun either. Mike wonders "how can he have such good behavior at school - to get RED two days in a row - and then, come home to be THIS NAUGHTY?!?!? Three and five year olds pick up so many new tricks from school....
Thanks for the fun family outing!
*For the record, I wore my "bowling sweater" again today. In 2013, I wore my gray one. Today, I wore my khaki one. (I only have the two sweaters that really have NOTHING to do with bowling. I opted to wear this because it is a long sweater that offers better coverage.)
** We all bowled better last time. In 2013, Mike bowled 161 and I bowled 93 (without the bumpers!) while Sydney/Silas bowled 59 with bumpers. Today, November 2014, Daddy won bumper bowling with 89, Mommy took second place with 68, Sydney took a close third with 67 and Silas scored 56.
While we were loading into the car, Silas announced that maybe HE wants to go bowling as a special date with JUST DADDY. Sweet...

No comments:
Post a Comment